- Webinar DVD's and CD's:
CLR Executables: Stored Procedures, Functions, Aggregates, & User-Defined Types Webinar Recording Price: 199.00
This session will discuss how to create CLR executables in Visual Basic.NET and C#. We'll see how to create CLR stored procedures, functions, aggregates as well as user-defined types. The session demonstrates CLR executable development through use of Visual Studio as well as SQL ServerManagement Studio. Join us for a 75-minute webinar where you and your colleagues will discover:
- What is a CLR executable and how is this different from T-SQL and other .NET
- How are CLR executables coded, deployed and tested?
- When do CLR executables make sense and when do they cause performance
- What new skills are needed to build CLR executables?
This practical 75-minute webinar conference provides you and your colleagues with the necessary training to help you and your team understand where it makes sense to leverage the ability of SQL Server (2005 and later) to execute CLR executables.
- Understanding CLR Executables
- What is a .NET assembly?
- Which types of executables can be implemented with CLR assemblies?
- How does SQL Server invoke CLR executables?
- How is the CLR option enabled and disabled?
- Understanding Where CLR Technology Fits
- Which existing SQL Server executables can clearly benefit from .NET technology?
- Should existing SQL Server executables be converted to CLR?
- Choosing the right job to solve with CLR executables.
- Using Visual Studio with SQL Server to build, test and deploy CLR executables
- How are CLR executables built with Visual Studio?
- How are they deployed and tested?
- How are CLR executables debugged?
- When is it necessary to build CLR executables with scripts and how is this done?
- Live question and answer session - Have your specific questions answered
William (Bill) Vaughn is a 37-year industry-recognized author, mentor and a subject-matter expert on Visual Studio, SQL Server, Reporting Services and data access technologies.
- Bill spent 14 years working at Microsoft as a developer liaison, manager, trainer, writer and architect.
- His latest books include Hitchhiker's Guide to Visual Studio and SQL Server (7th Edition) and Hitchhiker's Guide to SQL Server Compact Edition.
- He and Peter Blackburn also wrote the critically acclaimed Hitchhiker's Guide to SQL Server 2000 Reporting Services.
- He's available for consulting, mentoring or custom training. See betav.com and betav.com/blog/billva.
The speaker's PowerPoint presentation slides are included with your audio recording purchase. All materials are accessible through the Internet and can be downloaded as a PDF file.